On the Canvas and Behind the Camera
I see the world around me through rose colored glasses (because without them, frankly, I can’t see AT ALL.)
I create with emotion, heart, and dance. Sometimes it may involve wine.
During my workday, a break might include walking, cycling, baking, gardening, or playtime with my elementary students.
I love flowers! The variations in color, size, texture and scent knows no bounds. I want to show beauty in every stage–to draw attention to what most people may miss. Flowers are nature’s poster child for living in the moment.
Taking a picture is my blank canvas. Working with images in the digital darkroom (SO glad life has changed since my undergrad days and I can work in the chemical free daylight) I merge what the camera sees with what I see. (You’d think this would be same. You would be wrong.) This is an effective approach to housework as well.
I work with acrylics because I do not have the patience to work with oils. Weeks to dry? Really?! In my studio that is a recipe for a super textured mixed media work, or in other words, sharing DNA with our pet menagerie.
Each painting is an original, authentic piece of art created
and signed by me.
- Only professional grade acrylic paints and canvases
- Each painting is finished with a coat of satin varnish to
protect from dust and UV light.
- Paintings are professionally packaged when
FINE ART PRINTS:
Each print is made from an original image created by me
and printed on professional grade Epson paper through my partnership with a local professional photography lab.
- Only the highest quality archival inks are used.
- Gallery wrap canvas prints are printed on archival inkjet canvas and laminated with a satin finish. The canvas is hand wrapped around a 1.5″ wooden frame with a wire hanger. All gallery wraps arrive ready to display.
If you are ready to become part of the process of creating unique
and original art for your home or business, contact me to create art you
will enjoy for years to come.
“Life is a canvas–throw all the paint on it you want.”